One of Westside’s top nostalgic nightclubs is reopening its doors to pop music lovers this Friday 11 September 2020.
Popworld, a late-night venue famous for playing the ultimate cheesy hits from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s, will initially keep its dancefloor closed because of government guidelines.
But there will be more tables available where customers can enjoy cocktails and other drinks while going back in time as they listen to the biggest pop hits.
The venue at 55 Broad Street, which has been closed for almost five months because of COVID-19, has made several important changes to make sure it keeps staff and visitors safe. These include:
- Altered opening times and days which will initially be from 9pm to 3am on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Careful ‘track and trace’ procedures on entry, with reduced capacity numbers.
- The temporary closure of the dance floor to make more space for tables and booths, all safely spaced 2m apart.
- Full table service with drinks delivered by staff, so no more waiting at the bar.
- Music at a conversational volume music so people can enjoy socialising in their groups.
- Enhanced cleaning services, with sanitising stations installed throughout the venue.
- Designated roles for all staff, with a full complement of risk assessments.
Matthew Symes, general manager of Popworld, said: “We’re looking forward to opening the doors and welcoming back all the Popworld faithful.
“Things may be different, but we hope to deliver a great night out with all the usual Popworld fun, while, in the process, keeping both staff and customers COVID safe.”
Mike Olley, general manager of Westside BID, said: “We are delighted that Popworld is reopening its doors as the district continues to return to a new kind of normality.
“Popworld has, of course, made sure it’s made all the necessary changes to ensure both staff and customers can enjoy their experience safely.
“We’re really pleased to see that our members are adapting and shaping their businesses to meet the current climate we are facing.”
▪ Full details of Popworld’s reopening, including how to book tables or booths, can be found here: www.popworldparty.co.uk/birmingham/welcome-back
By Luisa Huggins