Westside Business Improvement District (BID) is constantly working towards creating a more attractive, better marketed, brighter, safer and cleaner business environment in Birmingham’s Westside. This includes Broad Street, Brindleyplace, Five Ways, Centenary Square, Broadway Plaza and all the surrounding areas.
Westside BID provide:
- Street wardens – over 8,500 hours of patrol work; keeping our area safe and providing help and advice to visitors.
- Radio link – 24/7 radio link between our Street Warden team, Westside venues and West Midlands Police CCTV control room to keep our area secure, reducing crime and the fear of crime.
- Street cleaning – 80,000 bags of rubbish removed per annum, in addition to street cleaning carried out by Birmingham City Council.
- Media coverage – millions of pounds of equivalent value of positive media coverage provided by the BID to increase footfall and competitiveness.
- Dedicated promotion of the area – ensuring we continue to be seen as the centre for leisure, entertainment, the arts, learning and business.
- Walk of Stars – Mirroring the Hollywood Walk of Stars, we pay tribute to the leading figures in the West Midlands who have achieved so much locally, nationally and internationally.
- Floral displays, hundreds of blooms each year to brighten up Westside, attracting new businesses to our area.
- A strong lobbying voice and vision for the future.