Westside is home to a range of sectors that help to make the district a diverse and vibrant place to work.
Please see below for details of opportunities to work in the area.
The REP Theatre
Financial planning and management
- Overall leadership of the theatre’s Finance Department ensuring delivery of a compliant and effective finance function across the organisation.
- Short, medium and long-term financial planning: developing a rolling three-year plan comprising P&L, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts.
- Developing detailed annual budgets in consultation with Exec and budget holders.
- Developing monthly group management accounts, associated reconciliations and variance analysis for reporting to Exec, SLT and board. Oversight and review of management accounts and reports for the subsidiary companies prepared by the FC.
- Managing the theatre’s cash position, forecasting and monitoring cash flow, managing relationships with the bank and investment managers and negotiating loans or investments.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts for the group and subsidiary companies in line with relevant accounting standards and legislation.
- Preparing annual Theatre Tax Relief claim and signing off corporation tax returns.
- Preparing financial projections and narratives for major funding applications, including Arts Council England; accounting for designated and restricted funding.
- Sign-off monthly payroll and weekly payments to suppliers as prepared by the team.
- Supporting the Producing Team to produce financial settlements for co-productions and tours.
- Ensuring efficient systems are in place for internal accounting functions, creditor and debtor control, ensuring compliance with expenses policies and procedures.
- Preparing reports that support budget holders with timely information to enable effective budget management.
- Further developing and enhancing the company’s accounting systems, procedures and controls.
Closing Date: Friday 24 November at midday
More information: https://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/about-us/jobs-vacancies/
Contract: Part-time, fixed term, year-long contract. Job share would be considered
Deadline for applications: Midday, Tuesday 19 September
The successful candidate will have an interest in contemporary visual arts and education practice, be reliable and well organised with excellent attention to detail. Working within the Education team at Ikon, the postholder will be focused on the design and delivery of Ikon’s schools, family and adult programmes. They will work alongside a team of producers, of Art at HMP Grendon and Ikon Youth Programme on Slow Boat, to deliver an exciting programme of events and resources that respond to Ikon’s exhibition programme and offsite projects.
- To foster contact and understanding between artist educators and the communities of Birmingham and surrounding areas, and to broaden people’s knowledge and expectations of the contemporary visual arts.
- To deliver, in liaison with the Acting Artistic Director for Education, a programme for schools, colleges and community groups, and to produce interpretative material to accompany the gallery, touring and offsite programmes.
Ikon has a long-standing commitment to diversity in its programming, producing, staffing and community engagement. We actively seek applications from the widest range of applicants.
Ikon are currently recruiting for the role of Commercial Curator.
Contract: Full time, three year fixed term
Salary: £30,151 pro rata
- To develop Ikon’s commercial projects and partnership work ensuring that all work is produced and delivered to the highest standard
- To work with the Artistic Directors to support the planning, application and delivery of commercial projects primarily offsite
- To generate income through additional projects, aspiring for long-term relationships with organisations and project funders
Public Health Research Officer
Contract: Full time, two year fixed term
Salary: £30,151 pro rata
The role will use an array of research methods and approaches to develop a detailed evidence base on the impact of an art gallery on the public health of older adult and wider community groups. The role will involve working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including Ikon’s producers, resident artists and community partners, located in various districts. Through these collaborations, the post holder will support the identification of local health priorities; produce and implement local health delivery plans, protocols, processes, and strategies.
Full job description and details of how to apply can be found on Ikon’s website.
The REP Theatre
To apply for this post please complete the online application process on our website: https://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/get-involved/careers-and-vacancies.html
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 2 October 2023 at 12 noon.
First round interviews will be held at The Birmingham Rep on Friday 6th October 2023 and second round interviews on Friday 13th October 2023.
View their vacancies here Jobs and Vacancies | Birmingham Rep (birmingham-rep.co.uk)