Now we’ve finished all the chocolate boxes and savoury snacks from the festive season, many of us are looking to start the new year afresh.
And with the Commonwealth Games just months away, many Brummies are keen to enhance their physical and mental wellbeing by kick-starting January in the fittest possible way.
Westside is not only renowned for its nightclubs and bars, but it also have a range of gyms and restaurants that have a range of vegan-friendly and low calorie diets suitable for all taste buds.
Now home-based workouts are a thing of the past, why not start a membership with one of Westside’s many gyms? These include:
- Bannatyne Brindleyplace: If you have been a member previously (Jan 2017 onwards) you can get the £25 joining fee discounted. To redeem this offer, visit the club, and they will do the rest for you. For more information visit Gyms in Birmingham | Birmingham Brindleyplace Bannatyne Health Club
- Nuffield Health, Broadway Plaza: Kickstart your 2022 wellness journey at Westside’s Nuffield Health. Nuffield is home to a tranquilising large pool, and other exciting facilities to help give you the best experience rounded off with wellbeing experts to help guide you on your journey. For more information visit Gym in Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 8SP | Nuffield Health
With January also being the month of ‘Veganuary’, Westside is proud to be the home of some of the nation’s most loved hospitality venues, offering some incredible vegan and low-calorie options. These include:
- The Canal House: Visit your
home away from home at Westside’s Canal House, which has a wide range of vegan
dishes get your tastebuds tingling this January. Top dishes include:
- Sweet potato houmous, with crispy onions and crisp bread.
- Cauliflower wings, tossed in Frank’s hot sauce.
- Vegan board.
- Roast butternut squash salad, with roast plum, clementine, pear and candied walnuts.
- Coconut sweet potato pie, with chestnut mushrooms, served with sweet potato mash and curry sauce.
- Plant-based burger by moving mountains, with mushrooms, miso mayo and chilli jam, and properly seasoned chips.
- Additional vegan sides include: house salad, grilled flatbread, with herb and garlic mayo, red cabbage coleslaw, tender stem broccoli, properly seasoned chips, sweet chilli chips and chunky chips.
- Vegan desserts include: raspberry and almond frangipane tart, with non-dairy vanilla ice cream and raspberry coulis.
- Frankie and Benny’s Broadway Plaza: the ‘Viva La Vegan’ is back by popular demand. This vegan quarter pounder burger, topped with smashed avocado, tomato, red onion, lettuce, basil, red chilli dressing and vegan mayo, is the perfect dish to satisfy your taste buds. For more information visit Vegan at Frankie & Benny’s? You bet! See our menu options now. – Frankie & Benny’s (frankieandbennys.com)
- Domino’s: your favourite pizza deliverer is also celebrating Veganuary with vegan pepperonNAY – their first plant-based pepperoni pizza made in partnership with The Vegetarian Butcher. Call to order on 0121 455 7644 or visit Domino’s Birmingham – Edgbaston – Pizza Delivery or Takeaway (dominos.co.uk)
- Subway: the meatless meatball Marinara is now not only available as a sub and a wrap, but you can also have it delivered straight to your door. Visit the Just Eat, Deliveroo and Uber Eats websites or apps to order.