Businesses on Westside are working hard to ensure that lovebirds can still enjoy Valentine’s Day, albeit safely in their own homes.
There are a range of offering luxury dine-at home-experiences and unique gifts to send to a loved one to enjoy on the day or after lockdown. These include:
- Pulperia. Enjoy the luxury of fine dining in the comfort of your own home courtesy of celebrity master chef Aktar Islam. Pulperia has provided a Valentine’s Day three-course meal featuring his infamous steaks and sweet treats. Details: Aktar at Home / / Incredible food – Delivered.
- Bank Birmingham. Treat a loved one to a gift voucher so you can enjoy a fabulous meal together after lockdown. Details: Gift Card – Individual RestaurantsIndividual Restaurants
- The Alchemist. To make your meal even more romantic, order a cocktail gift box with signature drinks from The Alchemist’s bar in Brindleyplace. (Note its too late for Valentine’s Day deliveries, but this will still make an ideal gift for a loved one after the 14 February.) Details: Cocktail Gift Box – Alchemist Signatures – The Alchemist Bar & Restaurant
- Pitcher and Piano. Although this venue is currently closed during the lockdown, it’s running an exciting Valentine’s Day competition where winners can grab a prize worth over £150. Details: visit @Pitcherandpiano on Instagram.
- Ethos Flowers. Purchase one of the many bouquets available from this top florist in Brindleyplace. They also have a selection of jewellery which could make perfect gifts for a loved one. Details: Ethos, West Midlands Birmingham, Florist & Flower Delivery Service
- Park Regis Birmingham. Treat a loved one to a selection of gift vouchers which can be redeemed on Spa treatments, afternoon stays and afternoon tea after lockdown. Plus customers can get a 20% discount using the promo code LOVE20. Details: Luxury Gift Vouchers for Hotels in Birmingham City Centre | Park Regis Birmingham
- IKON Gift shop. Treat your loved one to a selection of gifts from the IKON gift shop based in Brindleplace via there online store, which homes a variety of gifts created by independent sellers.
- Sainsbury’s. Why not finish off your Valentine’s Day plans with a heartfelt card from Sainsbury’s on Broad Street? Details: Sainsbury’s online Grocery Shopping and Fresh Food Delivery.
- Premier shop. More great choices of cards are available at Premier. Details: Premier Stores
Luisa Huggins, media manager at Westside BID, said: “Despite the challenging circumstances I am pleased to see so many venues offering alternative solutions to Valentine’s Day this year, helping customers and their partners can still have a wonderful time.”
By Luisa Huggins