Another favourite Westside nightclub is reopening its doors from tomorrow following the long-awaited easing of lockdown – but there will be fewer customers and no shouting.
Rosies Birmingham, on Broad Street, is introducing lower music volumes so customers don’t have to raise their voices, in line with COVID-19 safety advice.
The popular multi-room club and late-night bar is initially reopening for just over 300 music lovers at any one time from 9pm to 3am on Friday and Saturday nights.
It follows news earlier this week that nearby Popworld Birmingham is also reopening from this Friday.
Rosies usually has five rooms providing a variety of music including house, club, rhythm and blues, disco and pop classics from the 1990s and 2000s.
However, it is only reopening its main room Dao, which provides house and dance, and Montana, which delivers rhythm and blues.
The numbers of customers allowed in each room will be restricted to 208 in Dao and exactly 100 in Montana.
Other precautions introduced to meet government COVID-19 guidelines include:
- Temperature checks on arrival.
- A one-way system inside the venue, with social distancing graphics on the floors.
- Coloured wristbands for each room so visitors do not mix.
- Five hand-sanitising stations, with touchpoints cleaned every 15 minutes.
- ‘Virtual’ DJs playing music at lower volumes so customers don’t have to shout.
- Closed dancefloors as dancing is banned, although there will be more tables.
- Full table service with people remaining seated with the group they arrived with.
Robbie Mills, the general manager at Rosies, said: “I’m extremely happy to be reopening this Friday. We have gone above and beyond to ensure staff and visitors are safe.
“We look forward to welcoming our customers back and showing them a good time”.
Mike Olley, general manager of Westside BID, said: “We are pleased to see how our businesses are continuously adapting to government guidelines.
“We are confident that they doing the right thing to ensure visitors are safe.”
▪ For more details and to book visit https://www.rosiesclubs.co.uk/birmingham/welcome-back.
By Tony Collins